The Maurice River Township Committee has partnered with Comcast to expand its network into unserved areas of Maurice River, NJ, ensuring the availability of Comcast’s Xfinity 10G Network to more than 110 unconnected rural homes and businesses in the Township.
“I am thrilled to be able to extend equal access to high-speed Internet access to all of our residents and businesses to further educational and public safety goals, economic development and other benefits of broadband connectivity within the Township,” said Mayor Ken Whildin. “I’m excited that Maurice River Township will be among the first communities in New Jersey to solve the long-running problem of rural broadband availability and to be able to enjoy the full benefits of this project as soon as possible thanks to our partnership with Comcast.”
“Comcast is uniquely positioned to deliver digital access quickly and affordably to rural unserved homes and businesses and we are proud to partner with Mayor Whildin and Maurice River Township in meeting their goal of connecting unserved residents and businesses to broadband access,” said Dan Bonelli, Senior Vice President for Comcast’s Freedom Region. “We look forward to bringing the Xfinity 10G Network and access to Comcast’s full suite of Xfinity and Comcast Business services to Maurice River.”
The network expansion in Maurice River will begin in the coming months, with completion targeted for the end of 2024. Prospective customers will receive mail from Comcast approximately 30 days before service is available in their neighborhood. Maurice River residents and businesses can visit Xfinity.com, call 1-800-XFINITY or visit our Xfinity Store in Millville, located at 2160 North Second Street, to see if service is available. Experts at the Xfinity Store can also help with product demonstrations, answer any questions consumers may have and help local businesses schedule an informational meeting with the Comcast Business sales team.
This agreement follows on the heels of a similar partnership in nearby Hopewell Township, NJ, which will extend Comcast’s network to approximately 150 unconnected rural homes and businesses.
Powered by the Xfinity 10G Network
Comcast’s Xfinity 10G Network and Internet experience are powering homes today and into the future:
- Ultimate Capacity: Xfinity customers connect nearly 1 billion devices across the company’s network annually. The Xfinity 10G Network with the next-generation Xfinity gateways deliver the most advanced WiFi technology carrying three times more bandwidth to power streaming, gaming, videoconferencing, and more, simultaneously.
- Fastest Internet: More than a third of Xfinity Internet customers subscribe to gigabit speed products, and symmetrical gig speeds are coming to the first homes later this year.
- Unprecedented Coverage: The latest Xfinity Gateway provides a more reliable connection throughout the home. Customers can get wall-to-wall WiFi coverage with a powerful WiFi Boost Pod that extends coverage to hard-to-reach areas, with plans for an offering of increased support for in-home WiFi through a “boost guarantee” later this year.
- Most Reliable Connection: Comcast is scaling the nation’s largest and most reliable network – the Xfinity 10G Network – that passes 60 million homes and businesses and counting. The company plans to launch a new device that is “storm-ready” with cellular and battery backup to help keep customers connected even when the power goes out.
- Ultra-Low Latency: The Xfinity 10G Network and the latest Xfinity Gateway are a powerful combination that deliver ultra-low latency for those moments when response times matter most like video games, a fast-growing category with Xfinity households averaging more than one gaming console per home.
For local businesses, Comcast Business offers a suite of connectivity, communications, networking, cybersecurity, wireless and managed solutions to help organizations of different sizes prepare for what’s next. Powered by the nation’s largest Gig-speed broadband network, and backed by 24/7 customer support, Comcast Business is the nation’s largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and one of the leading service providers to the Enterprise market. Comcast Business has been consistently recognized by industry analysts and associations as a leader and innovator, and one of the fastest growing providers of Ethernet services.
Residents can also learn more about the federal government’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which provides eligible low-income households with a credit of up to $30 per month toward their Internet and/or mobile service. The credit can be applied to any tier of Xfinity Internet service and with Comcast’s Internet Essentials or Internet Essentials Plus, customers can get Internet at no cost once the federal credit is applied. Internet Essentials customers can also add a line of unlimited 5G cellular data ($45) through Xfinity Mobile for as little as $24.95/month after the ACP benefit is applied.
In the last three years, Comcast has invested nearly $1 billion in technology and infrastructure in New Jersey, including improvements to its broadband network. Comcast is also deeply committed to advancing digital equity in the communities it serves. The company’s recent community partnerships in New Jersey have totaled $18.6 million in cash and in-kind contributions to more than 195 local non-profits over the last three years. This investment includes the installation of 35 Lift Zones, which provide free WiFi service to local community centers to promote digital learning. Internet Essentials and Lift Zones are part of Project UP, Comcast’s comprehensive, 10-year, $1 billion pledge to advance digital equity through programs and community partnerships that connect people to the Internet, advance economic mobility, and open doors for the next generation of innovators, entrepreneurs, storytellers and creators.