Adding to its investment in Chester County, Comcast announced it is expanding its smart, fast and reliable fiber-rich network to hundreds of additional residents and businesses in the borough of Elverson. Additionally, the expansion to Honey Brook Borough, is now complete – reaching an additional 2,000 residents and businesses.
Soon, Elverson will have access to the full suite of Xfinity residential and Comcast Business services, including residential broadband Internet speeds of up to 1.2 gigabits per second (Gbps) for residences and up to 100 Gbps for businesses.
“We, in Elverson, are thrilled to welcome Comcast to our town to provide residents and businesses with a choice when selecting their broadband provider,” said Mayor Esther Prosser. “I see competition as good for Elverson, and Comcast will provide that, helping to make our greatest square mile a more attractive place to live and work.”
“We are proud to continue investing in Chester County,” said Dennis Mathew, Senior Vice President, Comcast Freedom Region. “Through our network expansion work, we’re able to bring our reliable network to more homes and businesses and provide them with the Internet speed, security and functionality that keeps them connected.”
Residents can check Welcome2Xfinity.com to see if their address is included in the expansion project. If so, they can fill out a form to have a Comcast representative contact them for more information on service offerings or visit your local Xfinity Retail Store in Wyomissing, Pottstown or Exton. Residents who are currently served by Comcast can visit Xfinity.com or call 1-800-XFINITY to inquire about service, or learn more about the federal government’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which provides eligible households with up to $30/month toward their Internet and/or mobile service ($75/month on Tribal lands). The credit can be applied to any tier of Xfinity Internet service, including Internet Essentials, along with mobile service through Xfinity Mobile.
Residential customers in these areas will be able to take advantage of Xfinity’s full suite of Internet products, including:
- Supersonic WiFi: Advanced WiFi technology from powerful gateways capable of delivering gigabit speeds to support the ever-increasing number of connected devices in homes.
- Ultimate Security: Help loved ones stay safe and secure online with xFi Advanced Security, included at no extra cost with an xFi Gateway. Advanced Security helps protect customers’ devices from billions of cyberthreats a year, and customers can add xFi Complete to extend that security on the go.
- Powerful Connection: The newest Gateway provides a more reliable connection for all connected devices. And with xFi Complete, get wall-to-wall WiFi coverage throughout the home, with an xFi Pod included if recommended.
- Unprecedented Control: xFi, a digital dashboard to control the home WiFi network that includes Advanced Security protecting every device on the network from malware and security threats.
- Xfinity Mobile: A mobile service built for the way consumers use mobile today, with the Internet at the core of the experience, Xfinity Mobile can save customers hundreds a year on their mobile bills.
- Ultimate Entertainment: Flex, a free 4K platform for Internet-only customers that seamlessly delivers streaming content.
For local businesses, Comcast Business offers a suite of connectivity, communications, networking, cybersecurity, wireless and managed solutions to help organizations of different sizes prepare for what’s next. Powered by the nation’s largest Gig-speed broadband network, and backed by 24/7 customer support, Comcast Business is the nation’s largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and one of the leading service providers to the Enterprise market. Comcast Business has been consistently recognized by industry analysts and associations as a leader and innovator, and one of the fastest growing providers of Ethernet services.
From 2017-2021 alone, Comcast has invested nearly $20 billion to evolve and grow its national network and has built 50,000 new route miles of fiber into its network. This includes expansion to many new areas across Greater Philadelphia, New Jersey and northern Delaware. And Comcast customers have been able to enjoy speed increases at no additional cost, the most recent of which was announced earlier this year.
Comcast is also deeply committed to advancing digital equity in the communities it serves. The company has installed six Lift Zones in Chester County, providing free WiFi service to help these community centers promote digital learning. Lift Zones are part of Project UP, Comcast’s comprehensive, 10-year, $1 billion commitment to help build a future of unlimited possibilities and the continuation of the company’s long history of giving back to communities where it provides service and where its employees live and work.