Comcast announced the expansion of its smart, fast and reliable fiber-rich network throughout Honey Brook Borough, bringing its full suite of Xfinity and Comcast Business services, including residential broadband speeds up to 3 gigabits per second (Gbps) and business speeds up to 100 Gbps, to over 2,000 additional residences and businesses. Comcast is scheduled to complete the work by the end of Q3 2022.
“Honey Brook is thrilled to welcome Comcast to the borough to provide residents and businesses with another option when selecting their Internet provider,” said Mayor Maria Downey, Honey Brook Borough. “This expansion will make Honey Brook an even more attractive place to live and work by ensuring access to a reliable network for everyone, which is more important than ever.”
“Comcast is committed to helping close the digital divide by bringing fast, reliable and affordable connectivity to more communities across the country, and here in Pennsylvania,” said Dennis Mathew, Senior Vice President of Comcast’s Freedom Region. “We are excited to connect more customers in Chester County to our unbeatable Internet and X1 video service from Xfinity, as well as Comcast Business products and services and our award-winning mobile services – all of which help both residents and business owners save money on their wireless bills and meet their needs today and into the future.”
Residents and businesses can check here to see if their address is eligible for service. Prospective customers can also call 1-800-XFINITY to inquire about service, take advantage of the free inclusion of Peacock, NBCUniversal’s streaming service, or ask about the federal government’s Affordable Connectivity Program. Eligible households that enroll in the program can receive $30/month toward their Internet and mobile service ($75/month on Tribal lands).
Residential customers in these areas will be able to take advantage of Xfinity’s full suite of Internet products, including:
- Supersonic WiFi: Speeds up to 3 Gbps and advanced WiFi technology from powerful gateways capable of delivering those speeds to support the ever-increasing number of connected devices in homes.
- Ultimate Security: Help keep loved ones safe and secure online with xFi Advanced Security, included at no extra cost. Advanced Security helps protect customers’ devices from billions of cyberthreats a year, and customers can add xFi Complete to extend that security on the go.
- Powerful Connection: The newest Gateway provides a more reliable connection for all connected devices. And with xFi Complete, get wall-to-wall WiFi coverage throughout the home, with an xFi Pod included if recommended.
- Unprecedented Control: xFi, a digital dashboard to control the home WiFi network that includes Advanced Security protecting every device on the network from malware and security threats.
- Xfinity Mobile: A mobile service built for the way consumers use mobile today, with the Internet at the core of the experience, the top ranked service in customer satisfaction can save customers up to $400 a year on their mobile bills.
- Ultimate Entertainment: Flex, a free 4K platform for Internet-only customers that seamlessly delivers streaming content.
In the past five years (2017-2021), Comcast has invested nearly $20 billion to evolve and grow its national network and has built 50,000 new route miles of fiber into its network. And Comcast customers have been able to enjoy speed increases at no additional cost, the most recent of which was announced last month.
For local businesses, Comcast Business offers a suite of connectivity, communications, networking, cybersecurity, wireless, and managed solutions to help organizations of different sizes prepare for what’s next. Powered by the nation’s largest Gig-speed broadband network, and backed by 24/7 customer support, Comcast Business is the nation’s largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and one of the leading service providers to the Enterprise market. Comcast Business has been consistently recognized by industry analysts and associations as a leader and innovator, and one of the fastest growing providers of Ethernet services.
Comcast is also deeply committed to advancing digital equity in the communities we serve across the country, and that’s why the company has invested $134.9M in cash and in-kind contributions in partnerships with local nonprofits in the state of Pennsylvania over the last three years. These investments have brought six Lift Zones to Chester County, providing free WiFi service to promote learning to communities at the Oscar Lasko YMCA, Parkesburg Point, Thorndale United Methodist Church, Charles A. Melton Arts & Education Center, and two Garage Community & Youth Centers. Lift Zones are part of Project UP, Comcast’s comprehensive, 10-year, $1 billion commitment to help build a future of unlimited possibilities and the continuation of the company’s long history of giving back to communities where it provides service and where its employees live and work.