We know what a big part technology can play in a family’s day-to-day life. In fact, Comcast’s 2021 WiFi Trends Report found that Xfinity households connected nearly 1 billion devices last year. And, in a study by Xfinity and Wakefield Research at the holidays, two-thirds of parents said their kids would choose WiFi over their top toy.
Many of us here at Comcast are moms and dads ourselves (Comcast is among the best places to work for parents), and we’re streaming, calling, gaming, binge-watching, working and learning alongside our families too. With that in mind, here are six of our favorite ways that parents can use our technology to make their lives easier.
- Set Parental Controls. Rest easy knowing you can manage what and when your kids browse, stream and more with help from Xfinity’s multiple parental control options across devices. For instance, xFi parental controls give you the ability to pause your Internet for dinnertime, bedtime and other important moments throughout the day – more than 1 million Xfinity households took advantage of this tool last year, with customers pausing/unpausing WiFi nearly 100 million times.
- Send Them to the Kids Zone. Open Kids Zone on Xfinity X1 for a safe environment for younger kids to browse, shuffle and watch appropriate live TV, Xfinity On Demand content and DVR recordings on their own.
- Plan a Family Movie Night. With thousands of shows and movies On Demand, streaming services like Peacock integrated into the X1 platform and events like 2022 Watchathon Week (May 3-9), the possibilities are endless for family movie night.
- Enjoy the Perks. Xfinity Rewards, a rewards program for our customers, offers special experiences – many great for families – that only Comcast NBCUniversal can deliver. It’s quick and easy to join through the Xfinity App or online at xfinity.com/rewards and then to explore perks spanning media and entertainment, sports, music and technology.
- Make Your Data Work for You. If data is running low across your lines this month, no need to worry – with Xfinity Mobile, you can switch between Unlimited and By the Gig data anytime and only pay for what you need. Check out the savings calculator if you’re thinking about switching.
- Get Some Help Connecting. As part of Project UP, a comprehensive initiative to advance digital equity and help build a future of unlimited possibilities, and complementing our Internet Essentials program, Comcast is participating in the federal government’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). The $30/month benefit can be applied to any tier of Xfinity Internet service, and Xfinity Mobile now can be added, too.