On April 22, people around the globe will celebrate Earth Day. Here at Comcast, we stay focused on sustainability as we make daily business decisions – big and small – and we’re committed to making a positive impact with environmentally-friendly practices and programs. From electric vehicle charging stations to solar-powered facilities, here are some of our sustainability efforts and ways that you too can “green your routine” on Earth Day and every day.
In Greater Philadelphia, our commitment to sustainability continues to grow:
- Our company-wide recycling programs divert millions of pounds of waste from landfills each year.
- LED lighting and energy-efficient equipment included converting all facilities 5,000 square-feet or larger to LED, an excess of 28,000 light bulbs, which is significantly reducing energy consumption. In 2018, we saved 2,000 homes-worth of power across the Northeast Division.
- Solar panels at head-ends and offices are generating clean energy and reducing our carbon footprint.
- Fuel-efficiency software in our fleet vehicles is improving mileage and eliminating greenhouse gas emissions.
- Electric vehicle charging stations at three New Jersey tech locations are making it easy for employees and residents to go green.
- A Sustainability Council, a group of employees fostering environmental responsibility among colleagues and offices, recently launched here in Comcast’s Freedom Region to lead local efforts.
- All new facilities are designed with sustainability in mind from the environmentally sustainable materials used and eco-friendly systems to natural and organic elements to help employees reduce stress.
With our products, services, and more, we’ve also created ways that our customers can get involved:
- Spruce up your community’s outdoor spaces by joining us for Comcast Cares Day. This year, we have dozens of “green” volunteer projects that involve outdoor clean-up and beautification. To learn more and sign up, visit www.Comcastinthecommunity.com.
- Say “go green” into your Xfinity X1 voice remote to update the power settings on your box so it will shut off after a set time of inactivity and reduce power usage.
- Optimize your home automation with Xfinity Home. You can manage and remotely adjust the settings on your smart lighting and thermostat controls and more to ensure your home is energy efficient.
- Sign up for EcoBill paperless billing for your residential or business account.
Together, we can create a better, cleaner future for our planet. Please visit Comcast’s sustainability website to learn more about our efforts.