The Comcast Foundation awarded more than $315K in grants to 14 nonprofit organizations in New Jersey and Northern Delaware in 2017. The grants helped grow the impact of programs supported by the Comcast Foundation’s mission to empower communities to thrive by providing access to technology, relevant digital skills and training, and inspiring volunteerism, service and leadership.
Boys & Girls Clubs chapters in New Jersey and Delaware; the Urban League of Hudson County and Hispanics Inspiring Students’ Performance and Achievement are among the many local organizations that are making a meaningful difference in the community and were supported by the Comcast Foundation this year.
“Easterseals New Jersey works diligently to assist people with disabilities in returning to the workforce,” said Christine Dante, AVP of Employment Services for Easterseals. “The funding from Comcast will allow us to provide our participants with technology that will help them choose, get and maintain a job. It enables us to have the ability to individualize our participants’ needs on the job and provide them with tools to make them successful.”
“Comcast is proud to award these grants to our partner organizations to connect and strengthen the communities we serve,” said Jim Samaha, Senior Vice President of Comcast’s Freedom Region. “Thanks to the tireless and invaluable work of these nonprofit organizations, our Region is a better place to call home.”
Organizations receiving Comcast Foundation grants across the region include:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Monmouth and Middlesex County
- Boys and Girls Club of Camden County
- Boys and Girls Club of Delaware
- Boys and Girls Club of Trenton and Mercer County
- Boys and Girls Club of Union County
- Boys and Girls Club of Vineland
- Easterseals New Jersey, East Brunswick
- Financial Executives Research Foundation, Morristown
- Hispanics Inspiring Students’ Performance and Achievement (HISPA), Perth Amboy
- Latin American Community Center, Wilmington
- Latin American Economic Development Association (LAEDA), Camden
- LUPE Fund, Inc., Newark
- Union County Urban League
- Urban League of Hudson County
Including Comcast’s support in Pennsylvania, the Comcast Foundation donated $21 million in 2017 to nonprofit organizations in the communities it serves nationwide. In addition to the grants from the Comcast Foundation, Comcast also responds to community needs through local sponsorships and in-kind support, such as airing public service announcements, employee volunteerism, and providing technology equipment and services to organizations across the country.