With Winter Storm Jonas approaching, Comcast working hard to help our customers and neighbors stay connected after the weather hits.
Our team has been actively preparing for the storm since early this week so we can support our customers by responding quickly to any impact Jonas might have on our service. This includes taking incremental measures to ensure we are best equipped to manage the storm while keeping the safety of our employees and customers a top priority. Some examples:
- Increasing staffing and strategically placing employees in key locations throughout our footprint;
- Preparing and topping off back-up generators and other supplies;
- Ensuring full gas tanks in our fleet and overall preparedness for difficult weather;
- Coordinating closely with power companies and local and state emergency workers.
The most effective way for customers to get outage updates is to visit My Account located at www.comcast.com or download the free Xfinity MyAccount app. Customers should keep in mind that majority of issues will likely be related to commercial power and that as power is restored so too will most services.
Comcast is partnering with NBC10 and Telemundo62 to offer area residents who lose power the ability to recharge their devices at Comcast/Xfinity store locations in the region. This is a free service and anyone is welcome to visit participating locations. To find the closest Plug In, Power Up location and to determine which locations are active during power outages, please refer to the list here.
Free WiFi access
Comcast owns and operates thousands of WiFi hotspots in greater Philadelphia and New Jersey. To help residents and emergency personnel stay connected during the storm, Comcast is opening its XFINITY WiFi hotspots throughout the region to anyone who needs them – including non-XFINITY Internet customers.
To access XFINITY Wi-Fi hotspots:
- For a map of XFINITY Wi-Fi hotspots, which are located both indoors and outdoors in places such as shopping districts, parks, businesses and train platforms, visit xfinity.com/wifi;
- Once at a hotspot, select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots and then launch a browser;
- XFINITY Internet customers can sign in with their username and password, and will be automatically connected at XFINITY Wi-Fi hotspots in the future;
- Non-XFINITY Internet subscribers should visit the “Not an XFINITY Internet Customer” section on the sign-in page to get started;
- Non-customers will be able to renew their complimentary sessions every 2 hours through January 25, 2016.
For additional storm information, visit the NBC10 website.
Stay safe and warm this weekend!