By: Will Baas, Comcast Vice President of Talent Acquisition
As a Navy Veteran and currently drilling reservist, I am proud to work at Comcast—a company committed to helping find meaningful employment for veterans, transitioning service members and military spouses.
In March 2012, Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian Roberts announced a partnership with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s “Hiring Our Heroes” initiative, and pledged to hire 2,000 veterans by 2015.
Comcast far surpassed that goal and has hired approximately 5,100 veterans since 2012. Now, we have pledged to hire 10,000 reservists, veterans and military spouses or domestic partners over the next three years.
To help us reach this goal, we will host, along with members of our local VetNet Employee Resource Group, a Military Recruiting Job Fair on Thursday, November 12 from 4 to 6 p.m. at 3800 Horizon Boulevard, Suite 300, Trevose, PA 19053.
There, participants will have the opportunity to interview with hiring managers and speak with Comcast employees, like me, about what it’s like to work for the company.
The positions available are in the greater Philadelphia, New Jersey and northern Delaware areas and include:
- Customer Account Executive: This individual will re-energize the customer experience and relationship by highlighting the benefits and value of Comcast’s products and services. Responsible for servicing customers’ billing or repair service needs and more. Communications may be inbound and/or outbound.
- Retail Sales Consultant: Responsible for promoting and selling Comcast products and services to both new and existing customers while engaging with them in a retail store location. Also responsible for handling customer issues related to billing or service.
- Xfinity Sales Associate: Responsible for selling and promoting Comcast products with focus on video, high-speed internet, phone services and XFINITY Home. (Formerly called Direct Sales Representatives)
- Installation & Maintenance Technician: Responsible for demonstrating a sufficient aptitude for acquiring the skills and knowledge involved in performance of the tasks relating to broadband installation and troubleshooting activities.
- Business Account Executive: Selling XFINITY Internet, data, video, and voice services to small and mid-size businesses, focusing mainly on advanced communications solutions including PRI, Hosted PBX, and multi-location opportunities.
The job fair is free, of course, but registration is required. Please send your full name, email address, and phone number to NED-Comcast4Military@cable.comcast.com.
I will be there and I hope to see you!